A Library is the life blood of an academic institution and fully automated modern Library is on its way to become an outstanding learning resource centre catering to the ever growing and uncompromising information and intellectual requirements of the students, the faculties and researchers. MIET Engineering College library is housed in C Block building on 725 Sqm area. It has a comprehensive collection of literature predominantly related to Engineering and its allied subjects to meet the present and future information needs of its users. The most of the library activities are computerized using 8 terminals by NIRMALS – an integrated library software package with Barcode Technology. The total value of the Library collection is Rs. 145 lakhs.
Open : 9.00 AM to 7.00 PM on all working days
Closed : On Sundays and Govt. holidays
The library has a total collection of more than 43,121 volumes of books with 16998 titles relating to various engineering disciplines and science & humanities. The books are classified according to DDC scheme of library classification 21st edition. The library is adding latest engineering books regularly.
|S No||Branch||No of Titles||No. of Volumes||No of Journals|
|1||B.E – Civil||1604||3999||8||18|
|2||B.E – Mech||2107||7183||7||21|
|3||B.E – EEE||1592||4568||8||12|
|4||B.E – ECE||1615||5297||9||22|
|5||B.E – CSE||2766||6737||9||20|
|6||B. Tech – IT||1079||2998||6||7|
|7||M E – Structural Engineering||218||689||5||11|
|8||M.E – Manufacturing Engg.||410||995||5||9|
|9||M E – Power Electrical Drives||219||627||5||12|
|10||M.E – VLSI Design||385||855||5||10|
|11||M.E – Computer Science||406||1142||5||14|
|12||MBA – Management Studies||2127||3509||17||21|
|Science and Humanities||2470||4522||9||12|
* As on 10.05.2019
- Books Issue/ Return/Renewal and Online Renewal
- OPAC– Online Public Access Catalogue (Books & Articles Search)
- Book Reservation
- Reprography – 1/- per page
- CD- ROM Browsing – E-Books,
- Question Bank – Anna University
- SDI – Selective Dissemination of Information
- CAS – Current Awareness Service
Rules & Regulations
- Users are required to observe silence inside the library.
- Users are requested to display their ID card in the Library.
- Users are requested to deposit their personal books/bags/belongings (other than valuables) at the personal belongings shelf at the entrance.
- Users must scan their ID card in gate computer.
- Teaching staff will be issued a maximum of 6 books with one month retention period
- A student will be issued a maximum of 6 books with 15 days retention period.
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- Only one renewal can be done for any borrowed books
- Books will have to be renew online, if there is no reservation.
- Reference materials (Reference books, Dissertations, Periodicals current issues and back volumes etc) are used inside the library
- Users are requested to verify the physical condition of the book/s before
- Library book/s if lost, should be replaced with latest edition of the book/s or pay the double cost of the book/s & it should be paid in Account
- Users are required to switch off the lights and fans when not required or while leaving the reading halls.
- Misuse of library facilities is an offence and calls for punishment as decided by the competent authority.
|Sl No||Category||No of Book Issued||Loan Period|
|02||Instructor, Programmer||03||30 Days|
|03||UG students||06||15 Days|
|04||PG Students||06||15 Days|
|05||Administrative Staff||03||30 Days|
- DELNET(Developing Library Network)
- INDEST – AICTE Consortium
- NDL (National Digital Library)
- Anna University Questions
- Course Materials
- MIET Digest
- Project Report
Name of the Package
|1||IEEE- All Society Periodicals (ASPP) 179 Journals||http://ieeexplore.ieee.org|
|2||Springer (Electrical and Electronics and Computer Science and Engineering 149 Titles||www.springerlink.com|
|3||ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineering) 27 Journals||www.asmedigitalcollection.asme.org|
|4||ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineering) 35 Journals||http://ascelibrary.org|
|5||McGraw Hill Access(General Engineering and Reference) 380 Titles||http://2.accessengineeringlibrary.com|
|6||Elsevier (Science Direct) Engineering + Computer Science 275 Journals||www.sciencedirect.com|
|7||J-Gate (J-Gate Engineering and Technology)||www.jgateplus.com|
|8||ASTM Digital Library||www.enterprise.astm.org/|
|9||DELNET(Developing Library Network)||184.108.40.206|
Digital Catalogue (OPAC) is available in the Institute LAN and the OPAC client is available at most of the workstations in the LAN to view the books and journal articles.
Head of the Department
M.I.E.T Engineering College,
Mail ID: email@example.com