STUDENTS GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE (SGRC)
The College has a Student’s Grievance Redressal Committee. The functions of the Committee are to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be registered online portal of the college. Students’ Grievance Redressal Committee with an impartial and fair approach and to sort out various grievances of the students judiciously. It also desires to promote and maintain a conducive and unprejudiced educational environment.
- Linking with a well-defined Disciplinary System to make it acceptable to all.
- All actions should be prompt for better Redressal of Grievance.
- Aim should be on prevention of misconduct rather than controlling through punitive
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- To provide the Students access to immediate, stress free option to have their Grievances redressed.
- To ensure effective solution to the students’ grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
- To institute a monitoring mechanism to oversee the functioning of the Grievance Redressal Policy.
GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE [ACADEMIC YEAR 2018 – 2019]:
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Department||Convenor/Member|
|3||Dr.N.Ramesh Babu||AO / Professor||Physics||Member|
|4||Mr.S.Shahul Hameed||Assoc Prof||Physics||Member|
|14||Mr.E.Francis Rose||Accountant||Accounts Section||Member|
RESPONSIBILITY FOR REDRESSAL:
- The final responsibility for Grievance Redressal rests with the Principal of the College.
- The College expects that Grievance Redressal be time bound and result oriented. Every Grievance is expected to be resolved within a maximum period of FIVE working days.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee of the college shall monitor status and progress of Grievance Redressal and shall furnish quarterly report on Grievance Redressal position to the Principal.
- The Grievance Redressal cell of the college functions with the following purposes
- To ensure a democratic environment in the campus,
- To solve the various personal and educational related grievances students,
- To make the institution student friendly, and
- To ensure the qualitative as well as quantitative development of the institution through the grievance and Redressal cell.
The cell deals with Grievances received through the online portal mechanism from the students about any of the following matters:
Academic matters: (Resolved by Principal) related academic issues, teaching facility, examination related matters.
Financial matters: (Resolved by Accounts Section) related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels, etc.
Library matters: (Resolved by Librarian)
Accommodation matters: (Resolved by Chief Hostel Warden)
Other matters: (Resolved with the help of Grievance cell) Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, etc.
- To make all necessary arrangements for receiving representations/ complaints/ grievances from students relating to general administration, examination and evaluation and any other problems relating to the functioning of a student in the college.
- To examine the grievances.
- To make necessary recommendations to the Principal.
- To do all such things as may be assigned by the principal.
The statutory committee grievance redressal committee (GRC) is formed as per clause 1 of section 23 of the AICTE Act, 1987 (52 of 1987) AICTE.
The committee has been formed in order to ensure transparency by tecni8cal institutions imparting technical education in admission, preventing unfair practice, complaints of alleged discrimination by students of scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, OBC, Women, Minority or Disabled categories, Scholarship issues and sexual harassment and to provide a mechani9sm to innocent students and stakeholders for redressal of their grievances.
Procedure: The person concerned with any grievance shall fill the grievance redressal form with all possible facts and documentation and submit it to principal’s office. The committee will investigates into the matter and shall try to resolve it as quickly as possible.