The motto of NSS is ‘NOT Me But You’, reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service and appreciation of the other person’s point of view and also to show consideration for fellow human beings.
Our College has 2 units for men, with strength of 200 volunteers, and 1st unit for women, with a strength of 100 volunteers. Every student member of NSS should serve for at least two years with 120 hours of engagement in community service, per year, excluding annual camps. At the end of two years of satisfactory service, every student member will receive the NSS Certificate, which is considered as equivalent to a diploma in Social Service.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS)
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practice national integration and social harmony