Principal of our college obtained his Bachelors degree B.E. in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
from MADURAI KAMARAJ UNIVERSITY, Masters Degree in PRODUCTION ENGINEERING from THIYAGARAJAR
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MADURAI, and affiliated to MADURAI KAMARAJ UNIVERSITY and
his Ph.D degree in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING from NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLGY,
TRICHY, and affiliated to ANNA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI.
Subject Taught for UG level (last five years)
- Design of Transmissions Systems
- Engineering Graphics
- Total Quality Management
- Process Planning & Cost Estimation
- Manufacturing Technology
- Engineering Economics and Cost Estimation
- Engineering Metrology
- Principals of Management
- Computer Aided Manufacturing
Subject Taught for PG level (last five years)
- Flexible Competitive Manufacturing Systems
- Total Quality Management
- Computer Integrated Design
- Industrial Safety Management
- Product Design and Development Strategies
- Optimization Techniques
- Noorul Haq.A, Guharaja.S and Karuppannan .K.M, (2006), ‘Optimization of green sand casting process parameters by using Taguchi’s method’, International Journal of Advance Manufacturing Technology. Springer, Vol.30 (11), pp.1040-1048.
- Noorul Haq.A, Guharaja.S,(2008),‘Selection of an Optimal Sand and Pouring Metal Related Parametric Combination for Achieving Minimum Casting Defects in Green Sand Casting Process by Using Taguchi Method’ , International Journal of Industrial Engineering Practice.Serials,Vol.1(1) pp.35-43.
- Noorul Haq.A, Guharaja.S and Karuppannan .K.M,(2008), ‘Parameter Optimization of Co2casting process parameters by using Taguchi method’, International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing Technology. Springer, Vol.2 (4), pp.1040-1048.
- Noorul Haq.A, Guharaja.S and Karuppannan .K.M,(2008), ‘Optimization of Moulding Sand and Pouring Related Parameters of CO2 casting process by using Genetic Algorithm’, International Journal of Materials and Manufacturing Optimization. Serials.(Accepted).
- Noorul Haq.A, Guharaja.S Selection of optimal CO2 casting parametric combination by using evolutionary algorithms. Submitted for publication in International journal of Advanced manufacturing Technology. Oct 2011.(Under review).
- Noorul Haq.A,Guharaja.S ‘Optimization of green sand casting process parametersusing Genetic Algorithms and Ant Colony Algorithms Submitted for publication in International journal of Production Research. Dec 2011. (Under review)
- Noorul Haq.A, Guharaja.S and Paramasivam.V (2004) ‘Taguchi parameter design for Green compressive strength of green sand moulding – a Case Study’, National conference on Modeling and Analysis of Production Systems, 22nd to 23rd January, NIT, Trichy.
- Noorul haq.A, Guharaja.S and Tangaraj V.S(2005), ‘Optimization of CO2 casting process parameters by using Taguchi’s method’’, National conference on Recent trends in Science and Technology, 26th & 27th May, Dr. M.G.R Educational and Research institute, Chennai.
- S.Guharaja, K.A.Sundararaman, and Noorul haq.A,(2008), ‘Comparison of Metaheuristic Approaches For Vehicle Routing Problems’, International conference on Supply Chain Management and Information Systems(SCMIS-2008) at National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, held on 08th – 10th ,Dec, 2008.
- S.Guharaja, S.Senthilkumar, (2010), ‘Implementation of Lean Manufacturing Techniques to the Heat Processing Industry With Focus on Cooling Tower Company, National level conference on Recent Advances In Mechanical Engineering (RAIME’10)at National Engineering College, Kovil Patty, held on 26th – 27th ,march, 2010.
Number of Projects Guided
- UG Level : 25.
- PG Level : 05.
- Ph.D Level : 01(under progress)
Involvement in other Activities
- Involved and faced, external audit in the ISO certification process.
- Convener for organizing College Day and Sports Day functions.
- Acted as Co- Coordinator for RVS- IAS ACADAMY
- Actively involved in the Accreditation related work-NBA- for Two times (2002 & 2009)
- D C Member for six candidates in Anna university of Technology, Madurai
- Journal reviewer for the following journals
- International Journal on Advanced Manufacturing Technology-Springer
- International Journal of Industrial Engineering Practice.-Serials
- Question paper setter for the following Universities/Colleges
- Anna University, Chennai
- Anna university of Technology, Coimbatore
- IGNOU- New Delhi
- Noorul Islam University
- Kumaraguru College of Technology (Autonomous)
- A.C.College of Engineering and Technology (Autonomous)
- Government College of Technology (Autonomous)
SDP &STTP Courses Attended
- Three week SDP Programme : 1
- Two week STTP Programme : 6
- Two day Programme : 3
- Life Member Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE),New Delhi
- Life Member Indian Institute of Welding (AMIIW),Culcutta
MIET Engineering College,
Gundur, Trichy - 620007.